BenRiach Pedro Ximenez 15 yo
A Speyside classic.
The Wood Finishes Expressions from BenRiach are originally matured in the traditional style in American Oak barrels. The whiskies are then 'finished' respectively, in eithe sherry, dark rum, madeira or port casks.
Matured in the traditional style in American bourbon barrels, the BenRiach Pedro Ximenez 15 yo is then ‘finished’ in Pedro Ximenez Sherry butts, sourced from the bodegas of Jerez de la Frontera in Andalucia, Southern Spain. During this second period of maturation the whisky derives many interesting characteristics specific to the Pedro Ximenez butt.
Just 510 six-packs will be made available world-wide, and the Pedro Ximenez Finish is part of the first BenRiach 'Wood Finish Series', released November 2006. The other 'finishes' included in the series are Madeira, Dark Rum and Aged Tawny Port.
NOSE: Honey, sultanas, dark chocolate with a flood of Pedro Ximenez Sherry.
PALATE: Cream and honey, infused with papaya, rosehips, eucalyptus and dark chocolate, all interwoven with rich Pedro Ximenez Sherry and oak wood.
96-100 points* CLASSIC: Wine Enthusiast
5 Stars, Spirits Journal/ Highest Recommendation
VarietySingle Malt Scotch
Alcohol Content46% ABV
***** 5 Stars! Highest Recommendation
Paul Pacult, Spirit Journal03/01/2011
All brand products
- BenRiach Single Malt 12 yo
- BenRiach Single Malt 16 yo
- BenRiach Single Malt 20 yo
- BenRiach 25 yo
- BenRiach 30 yo
- BenRiach 1976 30 yo Port Pipe Cask #4469
- BenRiach 1966 40 yo with Flask and Mini
- BenRiach Tawny Port 15 yo
- BenRiach Pedro Ximenez 15 yo
- BenRiach Dark Rum Finish 15 yo
- BenRiach Madeira 15 yo
- BenRiach Sauternes Finish 16 yo
- BenRiach 1977 31 yo Moscatel Finish Cask #1029
- BenRiach 1995 15 yo Pedro Ximenez Cask #7165
- BenRiach Curiositas Single Malt 10 yo
- BenRiach Authenticus 21 yo
- BenRiach Tawny Port 12 yo
- BenRiach Dark Rum 12 yo
- BenRiach Pedro Ximenez 12 yo