BenRiach Madeira 15 yo
A Speyside classic!
The Wood Finishes Expressions from BenRiach are originally matured in the traditional style in American Oak barrels. The whiskies are then 'finished' respectively, in either sherry, dark rum, madeira or port casks.
Matured in the traditional style in American bourbon barrels, this whisky is then ‘finished’ in Madeira barrels, sourced from the semi-tropical Portuguese island of Madeira, hundreds of miles off the coast of north-west Africa, in the Atlantic Ocean. During this second period of maturation the whisky derives many interesting characteristics specific to the Madeira barrel.
Just 400 six-packs will be made available world-wide, and the Madeira Finish is part of the first BenRiach 'Wood Finish Series', released November 2006. The other 'finishes' included in the series are Pedro Ximenez Sherry, Dark Rum and Aged Tawny Port.
NOSE: Vanilla and spices with watermelon and peaches, with a rich backdrop of Madeira and oak wood.
PALATE: An avalanche of butterscotch, hazelnuts, peaches and spices, with a rich Madeira finish.
5 Stars. Highest Recommendation: Spirit Journal
95 Points, Jim Murray
VarietySingle Malt Scotch
Alcohol Content46% ABV
International Wine & Spirits Competition, 2008
96 - 100. Classic!
All brand products
- BenRiach Single Malt 12 yo
- BenRiach Single Malt 16 yo
- BenRiach Single Malt 20 yo
- BenRiach 25 yo
- BenRiach 30 yo
- BenRiach 1976 30 yo Port Pipe Cask #4469
- BenRiach 1966 40 yo with Flask and Mini
- BenRiach Tawny Port 15 yo
- BenRiach Pedro Ximenez 15 yo
- BenRiach Dark Rum Finish 15 yo
- BenRiach Madeira 15 yo
- BenRiach Sauternes Finish 16 yo
- BenRiach 1977 31 yo Moscatel Finish Cask #1029
- BenRiach 1995 15 yo Pedro Ximenez Cask #7165
- BenRiach Curiositas Single Malt 10 yo
- BenRiach Authenticus 21 yo
- BenRiach Tawny Port 12 yo
- BenRiach Dark Rum 12 yo
- BenRiach Pedro Ximenez 12 yo