BenRiach Dark Rum Finish 15 yo
A Speyside malt that's deceptively complex and far reaching in its scope.
The Wood Finishes Expressions from BenRiach are originally matured in the traditional style in American Oak barrels. The whiskies are then 'finished' respectively, in eithe sherry, dark rum, madeira or port casks.
The BenRiach 15yo Dark Rum Finish is matured in
American bourbon barrels, and then ‘finished’ in Dark Rum barrels, sourced from the Caribbean island of Jamaica. During this second period of maturation the whisky derives many interesting characteristics specific to the Dark Rum barrel.
Just 350 six-packs will be made available world-wide, and the Dark Rum Finish is part of the first BenRiach 'Wood Finish Series', released November 2006. The other 'finishes' included in the series are Pedro Ximenez Sherry, Madeira and Aged Tawny Port.
NOSE: Fantastic interaction between toffee, spices, cinnamon and sultana, with a rich backdrop of rum.
COLOR: Light gold.
PALATE: Toffee, cinnamon, apricots, rosehips and chocolate, with an avalanche of rum and sultanas in the finish.
8/10 Points * Whisky Magazine
VarietySingle Malt Scotch
Alcohol Content46% ABV
Paul Pacult, Spirit Journal09/01/2007
90-95 pts * Superb!
All brand products
- BenRiach Single Malt 12 yo
- BenRiach Single Malt 16 yo
- BenRiach Single Malt 20 yo
- BenRiach 25 yo
- BenRiach 30 yo
- BenRiach 1976 30 yo Port Pipe Cask #4469
- BenRiach 1966 40 yo with Flask and Mini
- BenRiach Tawny Port 15 yo
- BenRiach Pedro Ximenez 15 yo
- BenRiach Dark Rum Finish 15 yo
- BenRiach Madeira 15 yo
- BenRiach Sauternes Finish 16 yo
- BenRiach 1977 31 yo Moscatel Finish Cask #1029
- BenRiach 1995 15 yo Pedro Ximenez Cask #7165
- BenRiach Curiositas Single Malt 10 yo
- BenRiach Authenticus 21 yo
- BenRiach Tawny Port 12 yo
- BenRiach Dark Rum 12 yo
- BenRiach Pedro Ximenez 12 yo