- San Francisco
- Part Time, Non-exempt
- Reporting to
- Tasting Room Sales and Marketing Manager
- Relevant hospitality/service experience
- Beer, Wine & Spirits
The Spirits Educator plays a key part in presenting our business to the public. Our tasting room will often be the first place that people experience Anchor Distilling and our spirits. Because of this, we strive to provide an experience that is stellar from beginning to end for our guests – from the service they receive, to the spirits they taste, to the space they drink it in.
The Spirits Educator will be responsible for all aspects of the tasting room and the experience. The Anchor Educator must be an advocate of Anchor Distilling Company; must be a skilled and dynamic public speaker, have experience working with the public and be enthusiastic about maximizing the tasting room experience for all of our visitors. The Spirits Educator must also have a proficient knowledge of distilled spirits production, styles, applications, and experience with cocktail bartending.
- Guide guests through distilled spirits tastings- public and private.
- Ensure all guests have the best possible experience in the tasting room.
- Stock, process, and reorder merchandise/POS sales for guests in tasting room.
- Set up tasting room for tours including cleaning and tidying up before and after each tasting.
- Assist in execution of events in the tasting room, this includes after hour and possibly marketing events.
- Create original and/or classic cocktails for special events and bartend occasional private events.
Education, Experience & Attitude
- A keen interest in distilled spirits and cocktails.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in retail and/or in hospitality.
- Minimum of 2 years of cocktail bartending experience.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage groups of people.
- Knowledge of POS preferred.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds behind the bar.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure.
- Strong leadership skills. Takes initiative, can work with minimal supervision, is flexible and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Availability on Saturdays and scheduling flexibility to work marketing and private events is required.
Hourly pay rate of $35.00
How to Apply
Submit resume and cover letter to Anchor People Services at: for consideration.