Director of Marketing
- San Francisco
- Full Time, Exempt
The Director of Marketing is a key member in the success of the ADC marketing team and ADC organization as a whole. The Director of Marketing is responsible for leading and managing a team of 3-4pp mid-level marketers in growing our brands and serving our clients, in a fast paced, high change environment.
The Director of Marketing reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer of Anchor Distilling Company.
Team Management (75%)
- Effectively manage priority brands and brand managers to meet or exceed objectives (oversee performance vs goal and ensure team’s work is on track to meet supplier expectations)
- Lead and develop 3-4 direct report mid-level marketers in their supplier, sales, and US brand support/execution (day to day delegation, supervision, and teaching)
- Manage + Develop key stakeholder relationships to be preferred import partner (across 4 tiers)
Brand Strategy and Planning (5%)
- Lead the development and oversee the execution of portfolio’s long-term strategic and annual plans, including:
- Category, competitor, brand analysis
- Bottom up shipment and depletion forecasts, and purchase plans
- Brand positioning, portfolio mix and annual roadmaps
- Marketing & Sales plans (including PR, events, media, trade and consumer programs)
- Channel strategy, and specific & effective growth drivers
- Supply and Demand Planning
- Market and Consumer Insights and feedback into plans
- Develop and implement pricing strategies and programs to achieve volume and profit targets.
- Provide clear direction to sales organization and external stakeholders.
Executional excellence of Media, Trade and Consumer Programs
- Develop media, trade, influencer and consumer programs to grow brands’ awareness, trial and market share within targeted markets and oversee execution (supporting efforts when needed)
- Manage internal and external PR and marketing agencies in program/creative development and execution.
- Track progress, KPIs and measure brand and program effectiveness.
- Develop and execute tactical mitigation plan with sales team when needed.
Leadership and Communication (10%)
- Work closely with internal sales, marketing, finance, supply and leadership teams to effectively communicate and be a champion for the brand strategy and marketing plans.
- Oversee monthly and quarterly updates to suppliers adding guidance and insights on US brand opportunity, planning and brand performance reviews when needed.
- Effectively communicate brand programs/clear guidelines and to trade partners and external stakeholders.
- Develop feedback loops to incorporate input from stakeholders into the brand management process.
- Help build and maintain effective business relationships with key trade, retailers and wholesalers.
- Travel to key markets in support of new product launches, surveys, major initiatives, etc. and report brand and competitive findings and market-driven recommendations to CMO.
Financial Management and Reporting (5%)
- Oversee brand budgets to ensure profit goals and acceptable ROI.
- Perform ongoing analysis of the market, competition and consumer trends to identify emerging trends and business issues/opportunities.
- Work with Sales Team to establish and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure success and motivate sales and wholesaler teams to achieve defined goals.
- Collaborate with Director of Sales Operations to prepare Quarterly business reviews.
Innovation Management/New Item Launches (5%)
- Vet and recommend strategy on new item launches (price chains, role in brand/company, strategy) and oversee successful US launches.
- Proven success managing and motivating a team of 3-5 direct reports to achieve or exceed objectives- minimum 3 years of people management required.
- Minimum of 5 years marketing experience required, preferably for a small company (10-50pp).
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Be accustomed to handling a demanding workload in a fast paced, high change environment.
- Experience working on multiple projects with compressed timelines extremely helpful
- Must thrive in a startup environment
- Be passionate and dedicated to growing brands and doing right by our clients (supplier brands).
- Agency background and/or experience helpful.
How to Apply
Submit resume and cover letter to Anchor People Services at: for consideration.