Traditional Mezcal With A Vision That Supports Sustainable Production Practices
Establishing Mezcal Amarás
The brand Mezcal Amarás was founded in 2010 by a group of friends who, after making several trips to different mezcal producing states in the country, developed a deep rooted love for these regions and this magical spirit. They became immersed in a world that surrounded them in traditions, tastes and smells. These experiences inspired them to create a product that encompasses their passion for and devotion to the roots of Mexico.
Their search for the perfect mezcal led them to explore the mezcal producing lands of: Durango, Guanajuato, Guerrero, Oaxaca, San Luis Potosí, Tamaulipas and Zacatecas. While exploring these regions, they saw how hard the people in the fields and in the palenques worked. It made them realize that if they had success in finding the right mezcal, they could also help the people of this region have a better way of life. Thus the Philosophy of Mezcal Amarás was born.
A Vision Beyond Mezcal
The vision for Mezcal Amarás extends far beyond the final product. Mezcal Amarás works only with sustainably cultivated agaves as part of their commitment to ensuring the long term preservation of the species and its biodiversity. Mezcal Amarás also plants ten agaves for each agave used in order to generate work in the community and maintain sustainability over the long term.
To further support the communities, Mezcal Amarás reinvests 15% of their gross profits to improve ecological, economic and social sustainability in the mezcal producing regions where the companies works. Additionally, the compensation for everyone who works in the manufacturing process of Mezcal Amarás, including agave producers, jimadores and distillery workers, is at least 20% higher than the local average.
After several trips to different mezcal producing states in Mexico, Mezcal Amarás found some of the best Maestros Mezcaleros whom they entrusted to produce high quality mezcal with a characteristic smoothness and a unique flavor without compromising the hand-crafted production techniques.
- Village of Origin: San Juan Del Río, Oaxaca
- Master Mezcalero: Laajsh Doob
- Agave: 100% Espadín Agave
- Process: Conical stone oven, Egyptian mill, natural fermentation in pine vats, double distilled in small copper still
- Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition, 2015
- Chairman's Trophy, 98 Points, Extraordinary, Ultimate Recommendation, Great Value - Ultimate Spirits Challenge, 2015
- Double Gold Medal, Best Mezcal, Best Unaged White Spirit in Show - WSWA Tasting Competition, 2015
- Village of Origin: Mazatlán, Guerrero
- Master Mezcalero: Don Faustino Robledo
- Agave: 100% Cupreata Agave
- Process: Conical stone oven, mechanical shredder, natural fermentation in ayacahuite pine vats, double distilled in small copper still
- Double Gold Medal, Best Mezcal - WSWA Tasting Competition, 2016